Tuesday 18 October 2011

Autumn Goodness


It truly is my favourite time of year, I love Autumn especially October and its ghoulish baking madness, I have just been shopping for a few bits and pieces for our annual Halloween tea party, that over the years seems to have evolved into an extravaganza. (If I'm truthful its a medium to go to town with baked treats) I am a little challenged by last years cupcakes as they were very ghoulish. A guiness cake batter and cream cheese frosting for the Ghastly Gravestone Cupcakes and rainbow cupcakes for the Zesty Zombie Cupcakes! I have a few ideas swishing about but will need to have a few practice runs before all is decided.......red velvet sponge springs to mind.
My little one and I have just enjoyed a mini slice of pumpkin pie with a cup of tea before the school run commences. We have an addition tonight as a friend is coming for tea, hopefully I can channel their energy by enlisting them to make their own tea in the shape of Tortilla Pizzas.
This pumpkin pie more than hits the spot on a day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment